This course offers insight on how to deal with the “quality” of quantitative research. During the course, participants . . .
- Review their own quality standards
- Become familiar with key debates and issues in assessing quality (both theoretical and practical)
- Learn about a range of quality assessment tools for quantitative research (note that the main emphasis of the workshop is on survey research, but this is prefaced with a short presentation on the history of quality in experiments)
- Practice applying criteria to research design
- Understand the respective strengths and weaknesses of formal and informal assessment,
- Form their own opinions about key issues and challenges in the quality field, and
- Develop the confidence to critically appraise the value of different criteria and approaches to quality assessment.
Current and Former Clients: